Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Some fun new things

Kaia is doing so much that I feel like if I don't blog it or write it down somewhere I am going to forget and regret not remembering one day. So...here it goes.

1. We are done with the bottle. The daytime one was no problem. She has taken to drinking milk from her sippy cup just fine. The bedtime bottle is a little different. If she drinks milk with her dinner, she is fine and doesn't think about it. If she doesn't, then I can tell she is missing it a little later on. We are working on it and I am already grateful that it hasn't been to difficult for her (just for me...I hate that all the baby things are ending :( ). Let's hope when the time comes to take binky away, it goes this smoothly....eeeh!

2. Kaia has been doing so well with her manners. She signs "thank you" everytime I hand her something or fetch one of her toys from under the chair. She also signs "please" when she asks for her cup. She hugs and kisses after she gets scolded for something which I think is her way of saying she is sorry...or her way of buttering me up so I can't be too mad at her :) She has gotten so good at signing "all done" so I will move her food away when she is done, instead of throwing it on the floor. I am liking this MUCH better. Eating time is not so messy anymore and Sadie isn't so fat anymore either!!!

3. Kaia has learned how to say "cheers" when she holds her cup. It doesn't sound like cheers, but she holds her cup up in the air and then shouts something...I know she is trying to say it. If I say it, she looks for her cup, then holds it high in the air....too cute!

4. We have been working with color and texture cards and matching them with things that are the same color or texture. She is really into all the texture ones. Her favorite...she holds up the "furry" card and then pets Sadie with the other hand. If she grabs the card and can't find Sadie...she walks around the house with the card in her hand signing "puppy dog" until she sees her...it is amazing!

5. Kaia definitely knows her "Mama" and "Dada" and she likes to let everyone know it. If we are out when she sees someone else, she points to me or Kristian and says "Mama" or "Dada" just to let that person know who she belongs to. At home, she points to our wedding picture (or any picture we are in) and announces, "Mama" and "Dada". I love it!!!

Those are just some fun things we have been doing. Animals are still her favorite thing. We are looking forward to the weather getting a little warmer so we can visit the zoo here.

"CHEERS"!!!!


No comments: