Monday, August 03, 2009

5 months old


Really? 5 months have passed and it seems like just yesterday I was coming out of surgery with him!
Hmmm, things about Kristian at 5 months...
1. He LOVES the bottle. He is drinking 75% breast milk and 25% formula but LOVES the bottle (which is new because before he absolutely would not take it). He sees it and smiles and laughs and grabs it, trying to shove it in his mouth.
2. He is finally eating baby food. I have made him all sorts of things and initially he wasn't having it. I think he had a hard time swallowing it and the texture seemed to gross him out but now, he is a professional...zucchini, squash, carrots, apples, pears, peaches...he loves them all :) Time to start green veggies!!
3. He is such a HUGGER! He wraps his fat little arms around your neck and squeezes so tight....it melts your heart.
4. He will do anything to try and get to Kaia. He wiggles so much to get out of my arms if she is in front of him and once on the floor and kicks his legs out and slides on his belly inching his way closer. He still follows her constantly with his eyes and smiles non-stop at her. One of these days we will catch them on video doing their dinnertime routine. She pretends to look away and then quickly swings her head around and says "boooo" at him and he laughs and laughs (even snort laughs sometimes). They do it so much that we are all in stitches watching the cuteness!!
5. The sleeping situation...hmmm, what can I say? Most nights, he still gets up twice. Once to cuddle for a minute and once to eat. There have been some randoms here and there that he will sleep for 8 to 10 hours but most nights he gets up at least once. I am still trying to figure out how he can be hungry when he still eats every 3 hours during the day...I guess that's why he weighs close to 18 pounds!!
6. He loves to dance and bounce up and down with his daddy. He giggles and laughs as Kristian holds him upside down (and I stress out begging for them to stop!).
7. We love him and he is perfect!! Still resembling Kaia in so many ways and also showing a lot of resemblance to his Papi. Those eyes are so my dad :)





Mom, I know how much you like the comparison pics so these are for you :)
Kaia at 5 months






No comments: