Saturday, September 04, 2010

Special moments with the Bemis ladies :)

My best friend that I met in Misawa, Carrie, came to visit us for 4 days and it was so wonderful.  I have so many feelings about Carrie because she was the very first air force wife that I met as soon as we got to Japan and we had just gotten married and it was a very weird time in my life going through the transition...marriage, moving away from my family, becoming part of the miltary world, and oh yeah, living in a NEW COUNTRY!!  Carrie and I clicked right away and spent almost everyday together for the three years we lived in Japan.  We stayed in touch over the years via phone, FB, and email but I have longed to see her and meet her newest addition...Carlie Jean Jelly Bean.  Carlie and Kaia are only a few days a part and even though we have lived far away from them, Carrie and I have shared our pregnancies together, the baby years, and now the toddler years of our little girls.
Kaia and Carlie were so cute together, got along very well, and all four of us had so much fun.  We visited the children's Museum, Rainforest cafe, the Riverwalk, Sea World, the mall, and both girls got to visit Build-a-Bear (first time for each).  They played dress-up everyday for hours, had breakfast outside, and played may games and shared bedtime stories every night.  Carrie and I even got to escape to see a movie together without the kids!
I am so thankful she is in my life and I hope it isn't five years before the next time I get to see her!


Carrie has the better Sea World pics, she will share soon on her blog!  Thanks to a girlfriend of mine (who happens to be a head trainer at Sea World), we got a special treat!  We got to go "backstage" and get a kiss from a beluga whale.  The girls were a bit shy and didn't exactly want the kiss like Carrie and I got but they did pet them and feed them fish.  It was so awesome!!!  Look for beluga whale and water park pics on the Bemis Blog (on sidebar of my blog)...no pressure Carrie :)

No comments: