Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Boy, does this kid love books...a trait she inherited from her Grandpa!

Kaia is so obsessed with books, it is crazy. I have never seen a baby so into books before. She will sit in my lap for hours if I have books to read to her. She will drop any toy she has if she sees me with a book in my hand. She comes crawling across the room, laughing and smiling, and holds her arms out to me when I show her a book. She fusses when I stop reading, and tell her "all done" (even after I have read 7 books to her twice). She likes to turn the pages herself and touch the textured pages. She will sit in the floor by herself with a book for 30 minutes and point to things and chatter away as if she is reading (it is the most adorable thing she does). She makes certain sounds when she sees certain animals or people. It is like she goes into her own little world. We read to her three times a day for at least 30 minutes each time. We are hoping she continues this trend and reads all the time like her grandfather. She is really close to signing "book" as well...we can't wait!

No comments: