Kristian is a healthy little guy to say the least. He weighed almost 15 pounds at his 8 week appointment and he is now 13 weeks...I can only guess that he is around 16 1/2 pounds now. I do know that my biceps get quite the workout every time I pick him up :) He is WONDERFUL! He is such a cuddly little thing and will let anyone hold and love on him but nothing brightens up his world like his momma :) My heart melts when he sees me because the sweetest smile lights up his little face and yes, he reserves that one special smile just for me (and since I get up with him in the middle of the night I feel like it is well deserved!). He is sleeping 8-10 hours most nights with the exception of maybe one or two a week. He is napping 3 times a day and he needs it because when he is awake, it is a tough job trying to follow Kaia around with his eyes. He smiles and laughs at her all the time and tries really hard to keep her in his sight. He "talks" a lot to daddy and they have their little man conversations in the mornings. He knows his father's LOUD laughs and burps and perks up to find him whenever one SHAKES the roof off the house.
He POOPS like nothing I have ever seen. I have washed, spot treated, and thrown out more clothes than I ever have in Kaia's 2 year and 6 month life. Kristian definitely makes a mess!!! He is grabbing onto things now, rattles, his baby gym, and his binky. He isn't so sure what to do with them once in his hands but he thinks it is pretty neat that his hands are actually functional (besides being something to suck on, which he now enjoys more than his bink).
He has a sweet spot for sure. After about an hour after eating he starts to grunt a bit and that is his que. I lay him on his side in my arms with his face in my chest and instantly his eyes close. It is amazing! It's like he is telling me, I am ready to sleep now just get me in position. Kaia and Kristian are now enjoying bath time together once again. After the first trial run (which was a disaster) we decided he was too little. Now he is big enough and can control his bodily functions a little better so bath time is chaotic and fun too. He loves watching Kaia play in the tub and she makes sure to help me wash him. He splashes her, she laughs, he laughs, and then he does it again. One of these days, I will get the camera in there to video this precious time!!
We are totally in love with our little man and he seems to think we are pretty great too!!!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Some comparison pics (both at 3 months)



No comments:
Post a Comment