Kristian was so good on our vacation...he was such a sweet, easy-going, happy little guy! He is still all those things but since we have been home, WOW, what a change!!! I'm not sure why this week has marked the biggest sequence of changes...maybe the disruption in his routine or time change did it. Maybe the 6 month birthday brought on these crazy personality changes. Maybe he realizes he is home and his true colors are starting to shine. Whatever the case, we are definitely starting to see the difference between having a little girl and a little boy.
So where to start? He thinks everything is funny! Even when he rips handfuls of hair out, or tries to grab your face skin off. And when you tell him "no", that is really hilarious! HE laughs the most evil laugh and does it again. He thrashes around the floor and the bed, rolling over 10 times from one end of the room to the other. He will force himself into the couch or under the ottoman and boy does he get frustrted! The loudest, angriest scream escapes his mouth when he can't get somewhere he wants to go. He is starting to sit up on his own for a minute or two unassisted but when he sees a toy he can't reach, ANGER!!! He throws himself backwards and I barely have time to catch him. Along with all this, he has started to use his walker and he LOVES IT! Finally, a way to be mobile. He walks over to the vertical blinds and grabs them and tries to put them in his mouth. He gets frustrated and pulls so hard. I have already had to reattach two of them. His strength is unbelievable. If I thought I was going to sell his swings, etc. in a garage sale, I was wrong. He has ripped dangling toys off of his baby gym and his swings. I mean toys that were sewn onto the contraption. He pulls so hard and they rip right off.
Eating time has become an adventure too. He slams both his arms up and down as hard as he can, slamming them into the high chair tray. He does it with such force we can't believe he doesn't hurt himself. The craziest part is he does this while you are trying to feed him. So many times he has caught his arm or hand on the spoon and baby food flies everywhere. A few times his hand has landed perfectly onto the spoon where he can grab it away from me and he flings it over his head..again, I end up cleaning baby food off the furniture, floor, his hair, everywhere. And again, when I tell him "no, no", he just laughs and slams his hands down even harder. He also has a toy that suctions to his tray. He rips it off and slams it around, usually whacking himself in the head with it. It is complete insanity watching this kid.
Trying to change his diaper...forget it! He rolls over back and forth trying to escape my hold on him. You can only imagine the mess that creates. I can forsee this being an even bigger problem when he can not only roll over but take off crawling.
With all these new changes, I must say, we do get a lot of laughs out of it (someone please be sure to remind me of this when he turns 2 and I am ready to pull my hair out). He is still such a cuddle bug and loves to hug his little arms around your neck. He is also starting to recognize all of us by our names. We ask him, "where is daddy" and he will look at Kristian. He does the same with Mommy, Kaia, and we are working on Sadie.
He still looks a lot like Kaia but oh how their personalities are turning out to be so different. Even today, she is so sweet to him. He will get a handful of her hair and pull so hard and she gently undoes his hand and says, "No Kristian, please be gentle with me"...and of course, he laughs. :) He also has stopped losing his hair, in fact, he is getting a lot more. Kaia was completely bald at this point. He really looks like a little boy now and not a baby due to all the hair, his two new teeth, and let's not forget... his size (in fact, his father informed me yesterday that "no more feeding him all this organic BS, I want him to consume as many steriods and antibiotics as possible so he can be big enough to play college football". Lovely!!!)
High Chair Fun
Fall pictures
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment