Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Kaia's birthday party preparations....THE CAKE

After 6 hours of baking cakes on Thursday and Friday, 7 hours of icing on Saturday, then a major catastrophe, another 1.5 hours of baking Saturday night, 2 more hours of icing Sunday morning...the catapillar cake was finally done! It truly was a family affair. Macey and Kristi even came over to help.
He had to be transported without his head but we did manage to get him all together once at the party! I know Kaia will not remember her cake so I hope the pictures will be enough because I am not sure that I will EVER do anything like this again....whew!





We also spent several hours preparing the food....mini cheeseburgers and sausage rolls, a fruit tray and punch!



Mrs. Thiele flew in and helped with everything and also made Kaia a kransekake (a special Norwegian cake). It was very special to have her here. I know Kaia will be so happy one day to see the pictures of her family working so hard to celebrate her being 1 year old!
























And the end product................



No comments: