Kaia definitely is a little sponge when it comes to learning new things. She is now saying "apple", "dirt" (for dirty...she points to the trash can and the door stops and yells "dirt"....hmmm, I wonder where she learned that??), "bee", and "light". She still says "cup" (all the time), "ball", and "what's that"?
She is starting to put two words together...well, only if "uh oh Mama" and "cup Mama" (as she points to it and demands that I get it for her).
She loves all animals and is getting so good at animal sounds. She learns a new one everyday. When asked what the following "says" she gives these responses:
Duck - quack quack
Sadie or Dog - ruff ruff (kind of sounds like the quack above)
Kitty - meow meow (very high pitched)
snake - sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
owl - high pitched whooooooo whooooooo
monkey - ahh ahh
sheep - her fav - Baaaa (cow is still Baaaaaaa too!)
fish - my fav - mouth open and closes making the sound of bubbles
gorilla - bangs her hands on her chest and says whoo whoo - lower pitch
pig - rough sounding quack
lion or tiger - a big raaaaaaaaaaa
rooster - a very loud Coooooooo - I think she is trying to mimick my "cock-a-doodle-do"
bee - buzzzzz - sounds sort of like the sssssss of snake :)
She loves reading books with animals and as you can imagine with all her new sounds, the books are very exciting now. She does all the voices while I read the text. It is very entertaining. My neighbor was rolling out of her chair laughing yesterday as Kaia put on a show for her.
Kaia can not stand to have her fingers stuck in the arm of her shirt even for a second. As I am dressing her, she will get very upset if even one of her fingers isn't all the way through.
She loves the "clean up" song. I sing it about 12 times a day. Anytime we leave a room and there are toys or books laying around, I sing the song. She used to watch me clean up and now she gets excited, claps her hands, and begins picking her things up and putting them in the basket. She also does this in the bathtub when we are done. She quickly searches for all the bath toys, and helps me put them in her toy bag. She gets so proud of herself when everything is put away. I LOVE IT!!!!!
I think the newest and most amazing thing is, she has become very maticulous about certian things. This has been so neat for me to watch. She has a busy ball popper that contains 5 balls. The air blows the balls up and they go everywhere. Her main concern used to be catching one or two balls now she wants to make sure all 5 balls stay in the toy. Especially when she is done playing with it. I see her count the balls and if one is missing, she searches all around the room for it, finds it, puts it in and then pushes the start button again. If any are missing she looks for them before continuing to play. If one is under a table or chair and she can't reach it, she points to it and says "MaMa". It is unbelievable. She is also this way with her shape sorter. She can now put the circle and square in the correct hole...we are still working on the that triangle. Again, she is so concerned about where all three pieces are before finishing with the toy. Once all three are in there, she will put the top on and move on to something else. I am blown away that she is like this (I am hoping she stays this way :) ).
I am working on uploading some video of her so stay tuned....
Fall pictures
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment