Well, the past few weeks I have been trying something new with Kaia. Due to my increasing "mommy guilt" with new baby coming and realizing my one-on-one time with Kaia is about to be drastically cut short, I have started doing a lesson (okay very short lesson followed by a craft, and then finishing it off with a song, book, or something fun in the kitchen to tie it all together) three days a week. I figured something inside (since it is 1000 degrees here in the summer) and something that will "stick" all year round that is just for the two of us.
I knew Kaia would love the book and the song and the dancing, etc. but wasn't really sure about the craft...she likes to color but it lasts for maybe 1 minute so I was hoping this would catch her attention. AND IT DID! Now she wakes up every morning and says, "craft please mommy". She runs downstairs, goes to her art cabinet, and gets so excited when everything is already set up and she sees that we will be doing one that day!!
**Note - I take absolutely NO CREDIT for the creation of these art projects. I use several Mommy inspired websites (see sidebar) that are AMAZING and they lay everything out for you so even if you are the most non-creative person on the planet, you can do this! I have thrown in my own things here and there and modified things to work for Kaia like any mommy would do! They are so fantastic and I am still amazed these ladies do this for free.
Anyways, I have been taking pics of some of her projects and wanted to share how my little Picaso is doing. She has totally embraced this routine and is loving every minute, as am I. It is a far stretch from high school Science and NO I do not think I have a calling to teach preschool as I have just figured out how to let my own child make a mess without freaking out. I just know that this time with my little girl has been so fun for her and extremely special and rewarding for me. She finishes each project with a big hug, arms wrapped so tight around my neck, a kiss on the cheek and a big, "Love Mommy"!!!
She has also decided to LOVE play-dough. I was hesitate to introduce it to her this early as she still puts many things in her mouth but lately that has stopped and she really enjoys the play-dough. It is the perfect activity for us to do while whatever project we were working on is drying. Some of the pics below may feature the play-dough since she always has a big smile while working with it! She does make sure to tell me when I get it out, "Mommy, NO EAT play-dough". I laugh every time because she follows it up with, "Big Trouble"....hmmm, I wonder why she says that to me??
Here is some of her work!!
Project : Lumpy, Bumpy Strawberry (lesson - fruit, colors, textures, signing/craft, book, activity - strawberry smoothie)
Fall pictures
8 years ago


1 comment:
I'm so impressed Lesli! How cool. I love that website No Time for Flashcards, but I'm too intimidated to try most of the crafts. Kaia is so lucky and it looks like she's having a blast.
Post a Comment