I sit here in tears as I just finished reading Brady's latest post on his family blog. He is an F-16 pilot who just lost his wife to breast cancer leaving behind their two week old daughter, Chloe. I did not know Sara personally but have many friends who were great friends with her. I am sharing this on my blog for several reasons. One, this story has truly TOUCHED and changed my life. PLEASE take 30 minutes and start from the beginning and read this blog, you will not be able to stop. You will be blessed as well as get many laughs and cries from it! The faithfulness that this family demonstrates during this very difficult time in their life will FLOOR you and touch you somewhere deep inside! You will also notice the number of comments left after each post. Read some of them, the number of strangers that have been forever changed from this extremely loving family is amazing! I hope and pray that I would feel God's love and presence in my life or Kristian's life if we were to ever have to endure something like this. I also pray that we would trust in Him the way they have.
The second reason for the post...those interested or feel moved to help, please donate! You can click here and help the Sullivan's reach their goal of $10,000 to help find a cure for breast cancer. THEY ARE ALMOST THERE!!!! I wish I could be there to run in honor of Sara but I know a donation is what will truly help in this fight!
The third reason is so you hold those precious moments just a little bit tighter. I can not tell you how many nights since reading this blog that I have rocked my kids a little longer, hugged them a little tighter, and thanked God for the many blessings in my life over and over. The small things that used to get me down, they just don't anymore. I realized how precious life really is and how I need to hold on to the things that matter and let go of the things that don't.
I hope all of you reading this have a chance to read about Sara and I hope you are touched the way I was. Sara seems like an AMAZING woman and I know she is still impacting lives everyday even though she is in heaven smiling down at her little girl!
Fall pictures
8 years ago


2 comments:
Wow, that is very sad but yet touching at the same time. I mean their dedication to each other, their newborn and especially God is remarkable during a time like this.
I just read the Sullivan family blog for the first time a couple days ago, after Sara's death. It's so devastatingly sad. As I read the blog, I was really amazed by Brady's (I think that's his name) tone. He really seems to be at peace with everything that has happened.
Post a Comment