Kristian turned fourteen months last week and I must say, life has gotten VERY EXCITING since then. This must be "his time". After talking to the doctor we are all in agreement that the tubes have played a big role in all these new developments. First and foremost, HE IS WALKING! On Monday (the 10th) he just got up and went. Not like, three steps, HE TOOK 25! Everyone seems to be commenting on how steady he is. He has been walking holding our hands for four months, he just wouldn't let go so he has had a lot of practice taking steps but we all seem to think that his balance was out of whack!! Now there is no balance issue and he is on a mission every time he stands up! He laughs as he goes and he definitely prefers a fast pace versus a slow one. That should really make the next few months fun for me!!
I was so happy to catch some of his first steps on video!! Notice how fast he is going and the giggles too!
He LOVES books! We were wondering if this was going to happen since Kaia was such a huge fan from early on. It just took Kristian a while. He sits so still and nice and points to different things on the pages and he loves making animal sounds as you read about the farm. He says, "baaaa", "neigh", "mooooo", "woof, woof", and "bzzzzzz". He still loves saying, "puppy" and I laugh because if he sees an animal he isn't sure of, he shouts "puppy" (like today at PetsMart when he saw a lizard). I carry books with me now everywhere I go because they seem to calm him down whether he is at a restaurant or in his stroller. He is speaking much clearer and making new sounds and saying new phonics everyday. "Sad
Signing
Kristian still isn't that into signing but he knows to use them when he REALLY wants something! Here he is signing more and thank you! Big shocker, it was for a popsicle!!
He is actually listening to me :) He doesn't laugh anymore when I say no!! He backs away from whatever it is he is in to (tv, cabinets, drawers, etc) and goes about his business. He still has his moments though, like when he gets to the computer keyboard. No doesn't seem to do the trick! He bangs and bangs as hard as he can until one of us physically removes him!!
He loves Daddy's patches just like Kaia used to!!
On a funny note...
He loves the movie Tinkerbell. As soon as we get in the car, he points at the TV screens and says, "Ba Bell". He stares at the screen and tilts his head sideways and just smiles. We think he has a crush on her :)
The Little Gym
I took Kristian to a trial class at the Little Gym. I'll admit, I had been feeling the mommy guilt because of all the things I used to do with Kaia when she was his age and I really haven't gotten him involved in anything so we tried it out. HE LOVED IT! Kaia loved it too but Kristian went CRAZY in there! So, of course we signed up for the summer!!
Hoping the first time wasn't a fluke, we went back for round two! He started laughing and kicking his feet the second we walked in the building and they couldn't believe it when he WALKED into class. He immediately took off towards all the apparati once we got in the gym and he clapped his hands after everything he did. He was all smiles for the 45 minutes we were in the class. I now look forward to our weekly class as it is so fun to see him get so excited! He LOVES holding on to the bar and hanging. He hung for 10 seconds on his first try and the instructor was so excited!!


No comments:
Post a Comment