Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Bye Bye Old Bed"

Well our first night in the toddler bed was a success. She had no problem transitioning to the new bed. She kept waving to her crib saying, "bye bye old bed" and then would run towards her new bed saying, "Yaaaahhhhh new bed". She did surprisingly well falling asleep. She tried to get out of the bed one time and a stern "KAIA JANE" from across the house (I saw her on the monitor) sent her flying backwards where her head hit the pillow. She slept through the night without falling out of the bed (I had a pillow on the floor just in case :) ) and in the morning she yelled, "Mommy, out bed". When I walked in the room she said, "Out bed?", I replied, "Yes, you can get out of your bed", and she ran to her bookcase, grabbed three books and got right back in her bed! It was too sweet!!!!

All in all, I guess this works out since we have another little monkey who will soon need the crib!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new toddler bed! Meredith had the same exact one and now it has been passed down to one of her brothers. Can't wait to meet you guys in November, it's not that far away! Take care!

~Jennifer Mansfield~