Much to mommy's dismay, we are done with the crib (at least until the toddler bed arrives). Crazy Kaia climbed out of her bed today. I heard a loud crash (I was downstairs so it sounded like she almost came through the ceiling), a slight pause, and then extremely loud screaming. I almost gave myself a heart attack running up the stairs and found her standing in the middle of her room hysterically crying. I checked for broken bones, bruises, etc. and didn't find any. She kept saying "ouie face, ouie nose" so I have a feeling she went face first into the carpet. it was scary but two minutes later she was laughing.
So after turning her crib around (see pics below), I put her back down and kept peeking in from outside. The little monkey once again tried to get out over the side and I caught her on the way out for the second time. So needless to say, the video monitor is back up, the toddler bed is ordered and should be here in a week, and I probably won't sleep until she is out of that crib. So much for me wishing she would stay in her crib until she was 3...yeah right!!!!
Yes, that is the back of her crib now facing outwards!

The side she climbed over

Finally fast asleep!
2 comments:
I REALLY don't want her to teach Carlie this little trick :-) Kaia that little monkey! BTW your Elmo post was Carlie's absolute favorite - so stinkin' cute!!
Yikes, that's scary. We moved Jack to a twin bed and the crib to the nursery before he realized he could climb out. Little monkey is right!
Post a Comment