I have been journaling a bit with this pregnancy and I thought some of the entries were pretty funny so I decided to post them.
Since we found out today what I was having, it is interesting to compare some of those old wives tales to the actual outcome...hope you enjoy!
Written on July 2 (4 weeks preggo): we just flew in from Germany last night and of course we are all exhausted. I took the test this morning and no surprise to me, it popped up "pregnant" immediately! I can't tell if I feel nauseous or really really tired and jet lagged...I guess we'll see. So happy, I think this is perfect timing.
Well - most of you know the answer to the above question. My entire first trimester I was SICK, SICK, SICK and the timing...well after 10 moves, no furniture, and lots of drama - we weren't so sure the timing was perfect anymore!!
Written on Sept. 18th : Well I am 16 weeks and I feel like a new woman. I can not believe how long I felt like crap. I can now look at food and not want to vomit and I enjoy cooking again (I know Kristian is happy about that). I can go outside in the heat for more than 30 seconds without running inside to the nearest sink or toilet. I am enjoying playing with Kaia once more and I can almost keep up with her again. The gym has been nice to see again and I feel great afterwards. Best of all, I can finally SLEEP. I haven't slept in 13 weeks. I thought I was supposed to be knocked out on the couch during my first trimester. Not the case with this one. I am having horrible headaches at night...hoping those go away soon. This kid better be really cute and it better SLEEP.
We are still laughing everyday about how different these two pregnancies have been. With Kaia I think I was nauseous twice maybe. I worked out with her almost everyday and I didn't have one-tenth of all the craziness that has already been happening with this one (I'll spare you all the details). I didn't show with her until 5 months or so and I feel like I already look 6 months pregnant (I know everyone says it's normal with the second one). My skin with Kaia was EXTREMELY sensitive to sun, lotions, anything...not the case with this one. As mentioned earlier, with Kaia I was sleeping like a champ every night, this one, no sleep during the first trimester.
Some family observations....with this pregnancy, my face is the normal shape it always is, with Kaia, more round (in other words, fat!). This baby is being carried like a basketball, Kaia - a watermelon. My hair is thicker and growing faster now...definitely not so with Kaia.
The latest pregnancy drama...I have now had a cold for 18 days...EIGHTEEN DAYS! I haven't had a cold in YEARS (and oh, by the way it is still 100 degrees here ????). With Kaia, I was so healthy, never felt better....obviously this little boy is taking it out of me. Crazy how different it is.
Interesting stuff - the Chinese Lunar calendar said based on my birthday and when we conceived I should be having a girl. Old wives tales such as hair, the way I'm carrying, being so sick, and where I am gaining weight, say boy. They also say my cravings, and which side the baby is on/kicking, say girl. I guess they call then Old Wives Tales for a reason.
Fall pictures
8 years ago


1 comment:
Congrats on the baby boy! The chinese calendar said Jack should be a girl, and we know how that turned out. Like you I was sicker with this pregnancy, but it's a girl. Maybe it has more to do with the heat (FL & LV) than the gender?
Post a Comment